john m.

Default Outboard thrust bearing for sailboat.

"Steve" wrote in message ...
To me, this is a bit confusing??

Does your boat have an inboard engine with a propellor shaft?? or are you
talking about an Outboard motor or Out drive??

A properly installed marine engine will have the thrust bearing in the
reduction/reverse gear. If it is an OB or Out Drive, the thrust bearing is
inside the lower unit. I've never heard of a thrust bearing at the
propellor. There should only be a water lubricated cutlass bearing.

Please provide more information on what you have, engine/rev. gear, etc. and
maybe we can figure a solution.

Steve
s/v Good Intentions

Here is a link that shows a diagram of the boat
http://home.worldonline.dk/sejler/scampi/scampi.htm
This boat has an hydraulic drive system. The brace that you see in
front of the impeller is where the bearing should be ( I think) It
looks like a very strong support made out of metal and imbedded in the
fiberglass.