sv Endeavor sv Endeavor is offline

Default Mystical thoughts

Hi Skip,
You can anchor off Mason Island on the SW side or on the E side and dingy to
the bascule bridge in Mystic or dingy further up the river into the Museum
basin. If you go up the Mystic River, look for anchorage space just south
of N#16 or N3 22
I have found 6 to 7 feet of water at low in both spots.

"Skip Gundlach" wrote in message
Hiya, y'all,

Having had no response to those wanting me to keep a minimum of US warship
separation, I wonder if there are Mystic, CT dwellers here.

We think we'll be in Mystic toward the end of the week or more likely the
weekend/Monday-ish. We'll keep the required distance from any giving us
notice, but would enjoy visitors from the less squeamish :{))

From our many charts (Bob!) - paper and electronic - we can't see how we
can anchor in the area of the downtown/museum area (or, for that
matter,exactly where it is, though I believe both are near the swing
bridge.

We'd also like to get to WalMart, and see there are a couple in the area,
and wonder (assuming we can solve the above), what the best public
transport might be to achieve that, if any.

Just because I don't always have forum/newsgroup access, please drop me a
note cc'g any response you may have; skipgundlach - gmail dot com...

TIA

--
L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC

"You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it
come true. You may have to work for it however."
(and)
"There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its hands.
You seek problems because you need their gifts."
(Richard Bach, in The Reluctant Messiah)