[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Mystical thoughts

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 18:55:47 -0400, "Skip Gundlach"
wrote:

Hiya, y'all,

Having had no response to those wanting me to keep a minimum of US
warship separation, I wonder if there are Mystic, CT dwellers here.

We think we'll be in Mystic toward the end of the week or more likely
the weekend/Monday-ish. We'll keep the required distance from any
giving us notice, but would enjoy visitors from the less squeamish
:{))

From our many charts (Bob!) - paper and electronic - we can't see how
we can anchor in the area of the downtown/museum area (or, for that
matter,exactly where it is, though I believe both are near the swing
bridge.

We'd also like to get to WalMart, and see there are a couple in the
area, and wonder (assuming we can solve the above), what the best
public transport might be to achieve that, if any.

Just because I don't always have forum/newsgroup access, please drop
me a note cc'g any response you may have; skipgundlach - gmail dot
com...

TIA

There won't be any place to anchor on the river, Skip. Noank Village
Boatyard has moorings. $1.50 per foot per night. Free launch service 7
days a week with mooring. Run by very nice folks.

By Radio: VHF Channel 72
By Phone: 1-860-536-1770

email:

You can also dinghy up river to the town dinghy dock just below the
bascule bridge. That's directly in downtown. Not sure about buses to
Walmart, but there are local taxis.

There are many marinas on the river, and some have similar names.
Noank Shipyard is NOT Noank Village boatyard!

(posted and emailed)