Paul Winchester

Default Small, cheap diesel?

This engine is a mechanical from a 1990, I really like the simplicity of
this setup From what I have read most all the motors 92 and prior were
mechanical. But really any year can be converted to a mechanical pump. Its
really amazing how cheap these motors can be found. The only significant
internal difference between the 6.2 and 6.5 is the bore, in fact many
builders perfer the 6.2 block bored .040 to a 6.5. There are some
differences in the heads over the years but I have not found a good source
of infomation on that.

Injectors and pumps can be upgraded for more power. Dont know if I need to
go there yet until I see my performance vs GPH.

So far the conversion has been easy going. The very little difference than
installing any other gm motor.

Stay in touch and I will keep you posted as I get her launched.

"rock_doctor" wrote in message
roups.com...

"Paul Winchester" wrote in message
A 6.5L diesel from a Suburban is being installed with a single Arneson
surface drive.

What year was the 6.5 and was it mechanical injection (i.e. no computer)?

wanted to convert my suburban from gas to diesel and am looking for which
years were mechanically injected... Also post back with how you make out
there are quite a few readers here that wanted to do the same project.

You
are the pioneer... Thanks

mark