posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Frank is offline

Default Here, Sir!

On Aug 25, 5:27*pm, "Capt. JG" wrote:
Ah no... it's someone else. I don't actually know the name of the boat just
yet... it's new (to the owner) and just got through the survey.

From what I've researched that's the best time, but I'm curious about your
PITA comment. What's possible?

You're used to S. F. Bay so you see a lot of differing and sometimes
unpleasant conditions, right? The Pacific is changeable. This is the
best timeframe, in general, but that doesn't preclude your basic
hurricane-speed windstorm or similar icky events. Could very well be a
fine trip but you can always have something crappy happen. And the
water's just so cold. I've been in the Northwest for 30 years and
still don't like the cold.

Hope you have a safe, fast, enjoyable passage!

Frank