Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Thumbs Up & Down

On 2008-08-26 09:45:24 -0400, said:

Wayne.B wrote:
I still use my 362 once in a while but our real workhorse is now a
Engenius EOC-3610S-EXT fromwww.wlanparts.com It is not quite as
easy to configure as the 362 but it requires no driver at all, has
minimal co-ax losses and gives a more stable conection. The 3610 can
be mounted at the top of the mast if you wish, with a POE ethernet
down feed.

Hmmm. I missed this.

How does this work? I've a Mac laptop that I'd like to use for light
work: mail & such.

The EOC-3610S-EXT is a long range WiFi bridge with an ethernet
interface. It supports Power-Over-Ethernet (POE), so it can be
mounted remotely with no wiring other than the ethernet cable.
Configuration is done via your laptop web browser. No driver
software is required.

You need 110 volt power for the POE injector which can be obtained
from a small inverter, also useful for powering the laptop.