Jim Jim is offline

Default Global warming?

TJ wrote:
hk wrote:
TJ wrote:
hk wrote:

Besides, if you wanted to know when "Christ" allegedly was born,
you'd have to consult a Hebrew calendar. :)

Ah, the word "Christ" in quotes, in that context. Explains a lot. In
fact Harry, you reveal much more by what you *don't* say than what
you do.

I'm curious, Harry. Are all liberals as filled with hatred for those
who disagree with them as you are? If so, I don't think we should
elect one. Sounds like a diplomatic disaster waiting to happen if
you ask me.

TJ

I use "Christ" in quotes because I don't believe he was the
"annointed" or "the messiah. For one thing, he did not fill all the
stated criteria of Jewish tradition. Are you aware that Jewish
tradition requires that the messiah be a human being, and not divine?
Didn't think so. But I have many other "theological" reasons.

My disbelief in Jesus as "Christ" is not based upon "hate," as you
simple-minded righties seem to so easily believe. My readings of
religious literature tell me that Jesus was a pretty cool dude. I am
most impressed by his reported compassion for the poorest among us, an
attribute *not* shared by those here who most loudly proclaim their
Christianity.

I have a relative, retired, who really follows the teachings of Jesus.
He and his wife spend almost all their time and most of their spare
money helping the hungry, the homeless, the medically needy and the
lonely, and they're not preachy. I would call him a "Christian." Too
many of the self-described "Christians" here are "I've got mine, so
screw you" Republicans.

Christianity and today's right-wing Republicanism are mutually
inconsistent.

I don't care whether you consider Jesus the Messiah as prophesied by
Judaism or not. If you must know, I have some doubts about that myself,
despite being raised as a Christian. The idea that some dude was
crucified just so I could get a get-out-of-jail-free card for heaven no
matter what I might have done with my life always seemed at odds with
the concept of being accountable for my own actions. I've always
preferred the accountability concept. I also don't care whether you are
Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Shinto, or any of a thousand or so other
religions - or if you have no religion at all. What difference is it
supposed to make?

Being the sort of person you are, of course you twisted my question into
something else, something that you preferred to answer, because the
question you wanted to answer made "Christians" look bad. My "hatred"
question wasn't simply about religion, or any other particular specific
subject. It doesn't matter what the subject is, you express hatred for
all those who disagree with you. Personally, I find it practically
impossible to hate anybody. Even you. But you do it so easily that I
must again ask if all liberals are that way. I'm just trying to
understand it, that's all.

TJ

Let us join together and offer this morning tribute to Harry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYEnpo2rma0