Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default KInda a maybe question .. new diesel ??

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 16:52:23 -0500, Vic Smith
wrote:

Wonder if that will soon change. Seems to me there's really nothing
special about manufacturing diesels over gas engines.

Actually I don't believe that is entirely correct. For one, the
injection systems are built to very high degree of precision. Also
the compression ratio is much higher which requires much beefier
engineering of bearings, cranks, head gaskets, etc.

You might recall that General Motors tried to build diesel cars like
automotive engines back in the early 80s. They were a disaster.