-rick- -rick- is offline

Default Olyimpics ... wow

Eisboch wrote:

That's what cracks me up. Both political philosophies, Left and Right,
support "empowering people". In theory, the Right empowers by minimizing
government interference. allowing people to aspire to whatever level of
interest, business and financial success they desire, based on their
individual level of motivation.

The Left "empowers" by attempting to level the playing field, demanding
equal or similar benefits, rewards and lifestyle for everyone by penalizing
those with more than average ambition.

I don't think that's accurate. I'm fairly left leaning due
to the historically pitiful performance of the right and I
just want fair/honest ground rules to minimize deception and
help provide equal opportunity, *not* equal outcome.

Externalization of costs onto the public while privatizing
profits and crony capitalism run amuck has been a
significant burden on average citizens with respect to
energy, health, defense, and the environment.

--
"Sarah, if the American people had ever known the truth
about what we Bushes have done to this nation, we would