John Weston John Weston is offline

Default Whisper Wind Turbine

In article 5cc23ec8-73c8-47f4-84ed-3f2bf00f7c31
@k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com, says...
Thank you for your comments. But, I don't want anything like a 10
foot diameter wind turbine. That would be Much too big and
unnecessary. I do want something bigger than the conventional 1.2
meter ones because I want more power and that means more diameter and
the Whisper is the best bet at 2.1 meters/7 feet.

That is the biggest it is sensible to be able to handle.

And, I don't want to build the thing myself, either!

And I don't want solar panels. They're too easy. And you have to
keep moving them round with the sun. Yes, I know you can get all
kinds of tortuously complicated gubbins and electronics that moves it
round on a motor with the sun, but that is much, much too complex.

So, as nobody has come up with any valid reasons why I should not put
a Whisper on my roof, that is what I'm going to do.

Whatever little you are getting now, you'll get very little extra with
the larger turbine blade diameter. IMO, its a bad idea, unless you are
on top of a high aqueduct... Don't waste your money, you're too close to
the ground for much useful wind power.

I suggest looking at
www.cat.org.uk, www.scoraigwind.com/rooftop.html,
etc. You'd be better off with www.whispergen.com or installing solar
water heaters to look after that part of your energy consumption. See
www.navitron.org.uk/category.php?catID=71

--
John W
To mail me replace the obvious with co.uk twice