Mike[_10_] Mike[_10_] is offline

Default Radioactive...

Good luck with that Tim, I wish her the best.

My cousin has a brain tumor that he's been fighting for the last 1.5 years
(12 years old). Although I don't recall the name of the radio treatment he
had, it was the type Tom is talking about. It completely fried his immune
system, and he had to be in all but a plastic bubble, for over a month.

The sad thing is that he probably won't survive this, even with all the
heroic efforts of the Dana Farber Foundation, et al. We'll know more next
month.

I pray that Bridget fares better.

You're right... cancer sucks!

--Mike

"Tim" wrote in message
On Aug 25, 7:08 am, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:
On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 04:52:04 -0700 (PDT), Tim
wrote:

No, John, that's scheduled for this week. Isotope Phase III. isn't
supposed to drag out, and isn't supposed to eat away on you like
Chemo.... But it is radio active.

I can't remember for some reason. Is that the one where you have to
stay away from everybody else for a few days?

I don't think mine was a three phase thingy deal - two at most.

Tom, I dont' think it's that radical there are some precautionary
things one has to do. She;;l be taking this up in Decatur IL which is
about 80 mi away, but whats cool is her sister-in-law's folks have a
house there that they have just sitting. so she can take advantage of
camping out there for a week or so. then thats supposed to be it.

Anyway you go about it, it's still no fun.