Stephen Baker

Default how do you bend wood into the boat shape?

Brian N says:

It strikes me as one
of those things that seems intuitively correct, but really doesn't help.

I dunno. Dad had (at the tme I last saw him soaking oak) bee nbuilding,
designing and restoring boats for some 30-odd years. I know he wasn't a type
"A" personality, so can't imagine him wasting time or effort on something that
wasn't necessary to produce the perfect product.
Sadly, he died in '83, so I can't ask him to find out. I'll see if I can track
down his last apprentice and see what she has to say.
Steve