[email protected] tsmwebb@gmail.com is offline

Default Thumbs Up & Down

On Aug 25, 12:50*pm, (Richard Casady)
500/35 is 14 MPG, which is not bad at all by powerboat standards.
Both my tow vehicles, a F-150 and a Navigator, get just over 14,
unloaded.
A logical comparison is a motor home or travel trailer with the same
accomodations. Mileage is not good with either of those. ...

FWIW (and I don't think IW much), HNL-SF is greater than 2.2k naut
miles as sailed/motored. That puts the mpg of our house on its least
efficient passage into typical Prius numbers, but, of course, we go
very slowly by Prius standards... I don't think it signifies much
when you get right down to it as the services involved aren't
comparable.

-- Tom.