Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Thumbs Up & Down

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 16:28:24 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Rodger
says he used 35 gallons of fuel to travel less than 500 miles on his
monohull. On my catamaran I used about the same amount of fuel
traveling from Honolulu to San Francisco and I thought that was
excessive.

500/35 is 14 MPG, which is not bad at all by powerboat standards.
Both my tow vehicles, a F-150 and a Navigator, get just over 14,
unloaded.
A logical comparison is a motor home or travel trailer with the same
accomodations. Mileage is not good with either of those.

Casady