Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default KInda a maybe question .. new diesel ??

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 12:10:52 -0400, Gogarty
wrote:

Friend of ours had an Atomic 4 in a Triton yawl. Even had a Monel fuel
tank. However, the engine kepy giving all kinds of problems, mostly
leaking gasoline, even though he swapped out his original engine for a
newer used one from another boat. (That owner planned the Pardee thing --
cruising without an engine.) Eventually my friend bought a Yanmar at a
boat show for a show-special $5,000 and installed it himself over a
winter. Gave away the Atomic 4. That boat has been to the Canaries and
back and is still going strong.

When I was in the USAF at Charleston, I met a guy at the marina. He
had a wooden ex Channel pilot boat. He had crossed the Atlantic,
single handed, to get his hands on a used Atomic Four for free.

Casady