Richard Casady Richard Casady is offline

Default Engine alarm oddity

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 04:51:57 +0000, Larry wrote:

We need a hand held ammeter you can buy at any auto parts place like
NAPA. It reads -100-0-+100 amps. The meter runs off the magnetic field
that surrounds a DC wire with current flowing through it proportional to
the curren flow. It clamps over the wire to the batteries, for
instance, but any wire will do, even if the clamps are too big.

I have heard of AC clamp on meters that form a transformer when in
use. This doesn't seem to work with DC.

Casady