DownTime[_2_] DownTime[_2_] is offline

Default Computer sleep mode

wrote:
On Aug 25, 10:39 am, DownTime wrote:
wrote:
On Aug 25, 10:27 am, DownTime wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
Nope - Murphy's 21st Law of Computer Operations:
The only thing worse than an end-user without a clue is an end-user
who has a clue - usually the wrong one.
I propose we amend this to create a 21st Law, Part A:
"The only thing worse that an end-user without a clue is an end-user who
has a screwdriver and the ambition to use it."
That would be the engineer, right?

end-user = a wanna-be engineer.

I think you got that backwards.. and forgot the technition that makes
the damn thing actually work

Oh, oh, my spell checker is not working,, could be trouble

Hmmm, maybe, but it depends on your perspective. After 20+ years in the
SW industry, it seems most end-users want to believe think they know
better than the engineers. Not to say all, but some.

I do have the utmost respect for those who can make all these computer
thingies actually do what they do. In graduate school, when I took an
advanced networking class, I was simply amazed at all that goes on under
the covers to allow us to communicate and the components to talk to each
other. To this day, I keep reminding myself when I think of the details,
"I am amazed any of this really works".

And when my insomnia sets in, I think back to networking hashing
routines, and that does it for me.