Thomas, Spring Point Light Thomas, Spring Point Light is offline

Default Cod Almighty - August 22

On 2008-08-23 18:54:18 -0400, "Thomas, Spring Point Light"
said:

I should have known.. The Pig sailed right past me ,, I was going toward
the Isles of Shoals off Portsmouth, NH. My Bristol was not traveling to
fast, I had reefed the jib a little.

And the wind was strong.

There were two sailboat behind me,, and they both passed me about mid
afternoon.

One, I'm sure was the Pig. I had left from Bidderford Harbor..

Skip,, do ya remember going past a guy on a Bristol .. I was heeled over
pretty good.

A while after this, as I was changing direction to sail into
Portlsmouth,, my dinghy swamped. A big wave hit it after that .. and I
had to bid it good bye.. It was a junk, got it for free.

Not intending to offend you at all as you WERE out and sailing; yours just
gave me a good starting point.

Flying Pig, in the same conditions, didn't have their dink in the water,
didn't seem to have any problems or discomfort except low winds when they
would have preferred higher.

Finally, I believe they might be understanding cruising.

--
Jere Lull

===

I'm not sure if I understand your posting ...

The Pig is a much larger boat than my Bristol. The conditions were perfect
for the Pig,
for me it was bumpy.. but also great.

As for the dinghy, I sail alone. The dinghy is too big to put up on the
fordeck, and
I couldn't lift it by myself anyway. It was an old junker, I got for free.

One problem of single hand sailing is the dinghy.

Next season , I plan on using a very small inflatable. I found one on the
net, second hand.
The thing is really just a big swim tube, but I can get it up on deck .. by
myself.

I will be looking for something better over the winter.