Jere Lull Jere Lull is offline

Default Cod Almighty - August 22

On 2008-08-23 18:54:18 -0400, "Thomas, Spring Point Light"
said:

I should have known.. The Pig sailed right past me ,, I was going
toward the Isles of Shoals off Portsmouth, NH. My Bristol was not
traveling to fast, I had reefed the jib a little.

And the wind was strong.

There were two sailboat behind me,, and they both passed me about mid
afternoon.

One, I'm sure was the Pig. I had left from Bidderford Harbor..

Skip,, do ya remember going past a guy on a Bristol .. I was heeled
over pretty good.

A while after this, as I was changing direction to sail into
Portlsmouth,, my dinghy swamped. A big wave hit it after that .. and I
had to bid it good bye.. It was a junk, got it for free.

Not intending to offend you at all as you WERE out and sailing; yours
just gave me a good starting point.

Flying Pig, in the same conditions, didn't have their dink in the
water, didn't seem to have any problems or discomfort except low winds
when they would have preferred higher.

Finally, I believe they might be understanding cruising.

--
Jere Lull