Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default forgot to mention boating last Sunday.

"Tim" wrote in message
I had a blast. The wife gave me clearance to go out on my own, because
she was just too tired. So I loaded up and headed over. the water was
great and the little 140 mercruiser ran just fine even with last years
gas. I decided to park out in the middle of the lake after chasing
some sea gulls and coots, killed the engine and decided I'd call John
H on the cell phone. he seemed pretty excited that I was finally
getting some water time, but he and his mrs. had to leave for a dinner
engagement, so after answering some questions about how Bridget was
doing, we hung up and I took off and made some laps around the lake.
beached the boat at a favorite hang and caught up with some friends I
hadn't seen in a while and ate a grilled burger with them. i came upon
a 28' Harris pontoon loaded with people that were stranded because
they got too close to the shore and busted their prop on their 90 hp
Suzuki on something, and I had the opportunity to tow them for about
1-1/2 mi. to where they had docked. We didn't tow fast, but steady.
Got them in just fine and they offered to pay me "something", but
that's just something I can't accept.. you never know when you might
need a favor too.

Anyhow, the little Chris Craft ran fine the water was about as perfect
as anyone could want. In places it was like glass, but a little bit of
chop mostly, that is until a couple big tugs would race through and
you had to fight a few wakes, but all in all. I had a blast! If
nothing springs up to ruin the plans, the 23' Marquis will probably go
out next weekend.

Very good. I thought about the boat yesterday, as I finished fixing the
brake solenoid problem and taking it to storage. Weekends for the retired
are not good. But buddy had free tickets to the indy car race at Infinion
and asked if I wanted to go. So I went to the races today.