Tim Tim is offline

Default forgot to mention boating last Sunday.

I had a blast. The wife gave me clearance to go out on my own, because
she was just too tired. So I loaded up and headed over. the water was
great and the little 140 mercruiser ran just fine even with last years
gas. I decided to park out in the middle of the lake after chasing
some sea gulls and coots, killed the engine and decided I'd call John
H on the cell phone. he seemed pretty excited that I was finally
getting some water time, but he and his mrs. had to leave for a dinner
engagement, so after answering some questions about how Bridget was
doing, we hung up and I took off and made some laps around the lake.
beached the boat at a favorite hang and caught up with some friends I
hadn't seen in a while and ate a grilled burger with them. i came upon
a 28' Harris pontoon loaded with people that were stranded because
they got too close to the shore and busted their prop on their 90 hp
Suzuki on something, and I had the opportunity to tow them for about
1-1/2 mi. to where they had docked. We didn't tow fast, but steady.
Got them in just fine and they offered to pay me "something", but
that's just something I can't accept.. you never know when you might
need a favor too.

Anyhow, the little Chris Craft ran fine the water was about as perfect
as anyone could want. In places it was like glass, but a little bit of
chop mostly, that is until a couple big tugs would race through and
you had to fight a few wakes, but all in all. I had a blast! If
nothing springs up to ruin the plans, the 23' Marquis will probably go
out next weekend.