posted to rec.boats.electronics
Richard Lane Richard Lane is offline

Default log

Alec wrote:
I have a Autohelm Tri Data log and depthsounder.
It has always been no trouble until this year when the log has been playing
up.
It started by being intermittent and now does not indicate at all in normal
use.
If I remove the sensor unit from the hull and spin the wheel it seems to
work. I have given it a good clean. However it still does not work in normal
use.
I suppose there could be something on the hull but as the hull is very clean
and the boat performs normally I suspect the hull is clean.

Is there a known problem with these units? Does the magnet ever wear out?
The unit is probably 15 or so years old. can a new paddle wheel help?

Alec

When I have a diver check my prop shaft zincs I have him direct a fresh
water hose on the knot/log paddle wheel while observing the display.
Dick