Roger Long Roger Long is offline

Default Engine alarm oddity

"Larry" wrote

Your hands came away from the belt clean? Has the engine been started
since it was put on??....(c Belts grind their whole lives...planned
obsolescence. Get one of the 100A load testers for $15. That will tell
us.

I went down this morning and tightened the belt up a bit and did get my
hands a little dirty. Nothing like I'm used to seeing though. I did notice
that the alternator pulley is nearly mirror polished inside. The belt on my
engine goes around the cast iron flywheel so no polishing there. This belt
has about 80 hours on it.

No strange radio sounds and the system seemed to charge perfectly over the
next 8 days. Is it still possible I have a burned out diode?

--
Roger Long