Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default New Boat

"Jim" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message
Well, not mine, but it was mine at one time.

Years ago we had a little 17' Sailfish CC with an older 70 horse
Evinrude. It was a great boat, very stable and tracked perfectly.
The boat was a '93, but the engine was older ... I think an '87. When I
bought it, I had the powerhead completely rebuilt because it wasn't
running well.

I sold it after a couple of years to my older son's father-in-law for a
thousand bucks. He's been trailering it to Maine every summer for the
past 10 years or so and used it regularly for fishing on a lake up there.

Yesterday, he gave the boat, trailer and motor to my younger son (who
used to use it as a teenager). Still looks good and runs fine.
My son is all excited.

I always liked that boat. It is almost a copy of Boston Whaler's
original hull design, but for some reason is much more stable than a
Whaler. I sold it because we had purchased a new, 16' Whaler Dauntless.
The Sailfish is much more stable as a fishing platform.

So, what goes around, comes around.

Eisboch

Was that the one you went vertical in at the mouth of El Rio Norte?

That's the one. Came down so hard I hit my head on the stainless CC bar and
knocked me out for a sec or two.

Eisboch