Goofball_star_dot_etal Goofball_star_dot_etal is offline

Default Engine alarm oddity

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 22:31:15 -0400, "Roger Long"
wrote:

About 10 minutes after departing from my first anchorage under power, there
was a shrieking sound like a slipping alternator belt or bad bearing from
the engine area. I shut right down and investigated. Belt tension was
proper, no sign of rubber powder or wear. Started the engine up and it was
fine.

Check the fixing of all pulleys to shafts. We lost (and fixed) the raw
water cooling on last year's delivery from NI. In that case the pump
pulley was only attached by grub screws which had loosened. Sounded
like a bearing squeaking.. and then steam started coming out the blunt
end.