Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] is offline

Default New Boat

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 07:54:09 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Well, not mine, but it was mine at one time.

Years ago we had a little 17' Sailfish CC with an older 70 horse Evinrude.
It was a great boat, very stable and tracked perfectly.
The boat was a '93, but the engine was older ... I think an '87. When I
bought it, I had the powerhead completely rebuilt because it wasn't running
well.

I sold it after a couple of years to my older son's father-in-law for a
thousand bucks. He's been trailering it to Maine every summer for the past
10 years or so and used it regularly for fishing on a lake up there.

Yesterday, he gave the boat, trailer and motor to my younger son (who used
to use it as a teenager). Still looks good and runs fine.
My son is all excited.

I always liked that boat. It is almost a copy of Boston Whaler's original
hull design, but for some reason is much more stable than a Whaler. I sold
it because we had purchased a new, 16' Whaler Dauntless. The Sailfish is
much more stable as a fishing platform.

So, what goes around, comes around.

Funny how that works sometimes.