Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] is offline

Default Computer sleep mode

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 07:21:25 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Thought I might offer this, even though I don't understand it, in case
anyone else has a similar issue.

For over a year now, I have made it a practice to shut down my laptop (HP
Pavilion) to the "sleep" or standby mode. (Not the hibernation mode). It
shuts down the hard drive and video and puts the computer in a low energy
use.

But, whenever I have wanted to awaken it by hitting any key on the keyboard,
it has been very random in terms of how quickly it "wakes up". Sometimes
it will spring back to life almost immediately. More often it takes
anywhere from 15 seconds to over a minute before the display turns back on.
Once in a while it has taken so long that I had doubts it was ever going to
"wake up". I've tried to find a reason that is software related,
unsuccessfully. It's just random.

Over the years, I've given up on trying to figure out why Windows does
what it does. I have my laptop setup like yours and it does pretty
much the same thing card readers or no card readers.

There's no sense to it - one week it's fine, next, you gotta hit it
with a hammer to wake it up.