Jürgen Spelter

Default material for our beds

Hi,

me and my wife bought a 28 year old dutch motoryacht for long term cruising
in european rivers and channels.

Under the after deck we have a sleeping cabin of prox. 2m x 1.5m. Height may
be obout 1.2m.
On a massive wooden ground there is a mattress made of foam, we want to
replace.

What would be the best material to built a comfortable and durable bed for 2
persons.

My choices would be:
a) another mattress made of foam, but is that really comfortable?
b) a mattress from the bed store, that fits into the cabin, but what happens
with high humidity?
c) an air bed. They are offered for camping and home use and they are
promoted in Germany the last few years. benefit would be: no humidity will
be taken up, easy to imstall and to replace for cleaning. I`m thinking of
about 1 foot heigh air beds for using at home, not of a normal camping airn
mattress.

It would be kind to participate from Your experiences and to hear Your
opinions.

regards from germany

Juergen