John H.[_6_] John H.[_6_] is offline

Default Olyimpics ... wow

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 06:56:39 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 07:30:50 -0400, John H. wrote:

Must not be as many Canada geese in Norway. Or maybe they have enough
sense to shoot them and feed them to the hungry.

Be careful not to shoot the wrong ones. There are two populations of
Canada geese, migratory and resident. It's the resident population that
is causing the problems you mention. This state has a rather liberal bag
limit during the early season before the migratory birds appear, and as
the migratory birds are just now recovering from serious lows in the
1990s, restrict the bag limits when they are here. They have also
instituted a winter season to harvest the resident population. It seems
to be working, as there don't appear to be near as many geese as there
were a few years ago.

It's a shame we can't figure out a way to get the oil from the geese. I'll
bet Larry could do it.