Pierre

Default Building the Six Hour Canoe

SIx-hour canoe was my first project,more like 6 weekends, spent lotsa timein
the moaning chair

pierre
"William R. Watt" wrote in message
the 6 hr canoe can be built in 6 hrs. a lot of people did it at the annual
Mystic Seaport Museum festival or someplace and it was written up in
Wooden Boat. I don't know if they counted waiting for the glue to dry but
the inexperienced families who built them launched them the same day.
maybe 2-3 people can build a 6 hr canoe in 6 hrs. I don't know if there
were any solo builders. Some were father-and-son teams. How much can a 10
year old add to productivity? "No, Dad, it goes on the other way around"?

and Harold Payson and a helper built a 16 ft Windsprint hull in one
afternoon. he says so right in "New(?) Instant Boats". I'm sure the
Weldwood glue wasn't dry but the ring nails were holding it together
anyway.

----
William R Watt National Capital FreeNet Ottawa's free community

network
homepage: www.ncf.ca/~ag384/top.htm