Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] Short Wave Sportfishing[_2_] is offline

Default Olyimpics ... wow

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:33:21 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

.. .
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:02:40 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

Even with all the controversy surrounding China favoritism, the USA has
kicked ass.

Well done.

USA!! USA!! USA!!

Although we seemed to have a problem in boxing - we should have kicked
major butt with the talent they took over, but it didn't turn out that
way.

And got to see some really interesting sports this time around - for
instance, I never knew there was male field hockey. Or handball which
is a kind of basketball/soccer/hockey hybrid which I guess is popular
in Europe. Some really good soccer matches and for once, they
actually covered the velodrome events instead of ignoring it.

I watched one of the handball contests .... I think it was Denmark against
somebody.

I don't think I had ever seen "handball" before. It struck me as a cross
between basketball and hockey.

Very athletic game.

I enjoyed the games - plenty of action.

Field hockey is something that you don't see much of anymore.