Peter Wiley

Default Small, cheap diesel?

(Jacques) wrote in message om...
ospam (Stephen Baker) wrote in message ...
Lloyd,
Westerbeke used to do the cutest little 7hp diesel. THey may still do it, for
all I know.
Steve

I think he wants a Lister or similar. I understand the feeling: I had a
Victor Coventry single cylinder, 9 HP at 900 rpm, idle at 150 rpm: you could
almost count the firing. Big monster flywheel, hand start, reliable.
I should never have sold it.
I am checking eBay regularly for old Listers but rarely see them.
I want one too just to build a boat around, love those engines.

Heh. I have a Lister GK-2 hopper cooled engine tucked in a crate for
some future project. Can be radiator-cooled by adding a pump.Twin
cylinders, runs on petrol or kerosene, 10 HP at 1000 rpm, 15 @ 1500.
Biiiiiig heavy flywheel. Currently needs a new valve guide,
rebore/resleeve and new rings. One of these days...

Peter Wiley