John

Default Gasoline pumped to diesel tank.....

"Ytter" wrote in message ...
Hi! I need your expertise or opinion.
I have diesel engine Volvo Penta MD3 on my sailboat .Just after refueling in
one of the marina(in 10 minutes) engine reached temp 280 F
I had to run the engine for another 8-10 minutes to drop the anchor and I
shut off the engine which was red hot.I suspect that they pumped 20 gal
gasoline instead of diesel.Capacity of the tank is 40 gal.I still have this
fuel in the tank.How can I check if gasoline is in the tank,mixed with
diesel ? Is it any method,way to analyze or find out.Maybe I should find the
lab or place that can be determine what this fuel consists.
If they pumped the gasoline accidentally or not the engine is probably
damaged.Thank You For Your Help.
Ytter

Take a small sample from the fuel tank (or from the fuel filter),
spill it out on the ground, throw a match on it. If it burns, it's got
gas mixed in with it. You can throw matches on it all day and it won't
burn if it's diesel, which needs to be in the form of a mist to burn.