Old Nick

Default Gasoline pumped to diesel tank.....

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 20:23:06 -0600, dazed and confuzed
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

Interestingly, there was a claim here not long ago that mixing a bit
of diesel with petrol made it much _safer_ to weld around etc.

Why is gasoline mixed with fuel oil any more explosive than gasoline by
itself? I can see that it might have more thermal energy

It has less, actually, unless magic happens. Diesel has more than
petrol. Petrol is hotter, but has less actual output/litre.

, but why should it be MORE explosive than gasoline by itself?

I am interested as well.

..........no I'm not!

Spike....Spike? Hello?