Larry Larry is offline

Default Title of "Captain"

wrote in :

"Captain", outside of the military

I used to work with a guy who was a "captain" in the Air Force.

He once got assigned to a Navy installation and used to answer his phones
as "Captain Kohli". He said that made a lot of difference in the Navy,
compared to the Army or Air Force. As he was on a temporary assignment, he
lived in the BOQ (bachelor officer's quarters). He said they were also
very nice to him. He'd call the motor pool and say, "This is Captain
Kohli. Can you send a car around to take me to the officer's club?" A
nice car would show up at the door in very short order....much better than
the Air Force where they would just laugh at him and hang up....(c;