Larry Larry is offline

Default Title of "Captain"

Herodotus wrote in
:

Captain Bruce von Bangkok and Captain Larry or even Captain Vic de la
Kafe don't sound as ridiculous even if a little pompous.

WHOA! My captain, Geoffrey, who owns the Amel 41, handed me a nicely made,
embroidered ballcap that said "Captain Larry" across it with the boat's own
logo to show his appreciation for all the work I've helped put into her.

I told him, tongue in cheek, he was just looking for someone to blame if
there were a prosecution....(c;

When they call me "captain", I always tell them my title is "3rd Mate, Deck
and Engineering".....and I can't be blamed, your honor! "I was just
following cap'n's orders, your grace!"

If there's any more question, I show them my little bunk in the V-berth
over the forward air conditioner unit. Owner/Captains all sleep in the
spacious aft cabin...(c;

When it's broken, however, you'll find both of us in the bilge fixing it.