dazed and confuzed

Default Small, cheap diesel?

Jacques wrote:
ospam (Stephen Baker) wrote in message ...

Lloyd,
Westerbeke used to do the cutest little 7hp diesel. THey may still do it, for
all I know.
Steve

I think he wants a Lister or similar. I understand the feeling: I had a
Victor Coventry single cylinder, 9 HP at 900 rpm, idle at 150 rpm: you could
almost count the firing. Big monster flywheel, hand start, reliable.
I should never have sold it.
I am checking eBay regularly for old Listers but rarely see them.
I want one too just to build a boat around, love those engines.

Jacques
http://boatplans-online.com

Does it have to be diesel? I have a 5 hp hercules gas, throttle
governed, hopper cooled engine of early 1920's vintage. It weighs
about650 lbs, but it goes Chunka......chunka.....chunka.....at about
650-700 rpm.

--
"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch"