Dan Best

Default Gasoline pumped to diesel tank.....

Larry W4CSC wrote:
On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 14:12:51 -0800, "Steve" wrote:
Sorry you destroyed your engine. I always found the pumps clearly
marked.

A number of years ago on our way down the coast in our Atomic-4 powered
Catalina 30, we stopped at Morrow Bay for fuel. The fuel dock there is
a VERY high one, maybe 8 or 9 feet above the water and I asked the
attendant to "Hand me down the unleaded". After filling my tank, I was
up in the office as he filled out the reciept, I saw him write "16 gal.
Diesel" and corrected him, telling him that it was unleaded. He said
"No, it was diesel". When I insisted that it was unleaded, he said
"Look, all we sell here is diesel. We don't have any gas pumps".

Oops!

--
Dan Best - (707) 431-1662, Healdsburg, CA 95448
B-2/75 1977-1979