Backyard Renegade

Default odd request - wood species in French

Max Camirand wrote in message . ..
Hi gang,

Bit of an unusual request, here. I've been reading about boatbuilding
and following this group regularily for a good many years, and am
finally getting ready to build my first boat.

The problem is that all these wood types I've learned about are in
English, and I only know about wood in Quebec French. I've tried using
English-French dictionaries, but they give me species names that I've
never heard before -- and I'm in the wood business! We don't use the
proper names, here in French Canada, so I need someone to point me to
a web page with the Quebecois names for common wood types like spruce,
fir, hemlock, etc.

Cheers!

-m

Spruce, fir, hemlock? What kind of boat are you building may I ask?