vern

Default Epoxy under Varnish on deck?

hi ervin
epoxy sounds good to me
when the boats not in use a cover will do but it will take a lot of sun to
spoil epoxy
vern

"Ervin Charles" wrote in message
Hi group,
I've just finished building a little 14' Runabout. The deck is Meranti

ply
and the toerails and coamings are Mahogany. My question is about finishing
the deck. I've read and heard advice on two different ways of doing this

and
I'm asking your guidance and/or opinions. Should I first coat the deck

with
Epoxy and then Varnish or should I omit the Epoxy altogether? The craft

will
be kept under a roof 98% of the time and weather exposure should not be a
serious concern. I know epoxy gets a chalky look to it with heavy UV
exposure and I'm thinking that if it ever gets like that, I'll have a hell
of a time getting it off. On the other hand, I really like the way epoxy
seals out water/moisture. I'd really like to hear your thoughts on this.
Thanks,
Charles E.
"SPARKY" 14' Electric Runabout