Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Title of "Captain"

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:56:51 +1000, Herodotus
wrote:

Captain Bruce von Bangkok and Captain Larry or even Captain Vic de la
Kafe don't sound as ridiculous even if a little pompous.

Don't have my boat yet Peter, though I am Master of my home.
But those here just call me Dad or Honey.
Those will do for now.
When I get my boat when at sea I want to be known as Ahoy There and
when ashore as Cream and Sugar?
BTW, do you add anything to your coffee?
In the Navy I drank it black while steaming, ashore it was always
European style, au latte, con leche, or con Cognac.
After the Navy I added cream (actually Half & Half) due to family
pressures, and now have fallen to non-dairy "cream" AND SUGAR, as the
lowly wife drinks it that way, and serves the same to the Master, who
doesn't care to argue about it, preferring a peaceful reign.
But I do make it that way now myself, out of habit.
I certainly hope I haven't disgraced myself to you by admitting all
that, coffee Admiral that you are. You may consider it mutiny.

--Vic