Gordon

Default Small, cheap diesel?

search ebay for marine engines
"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:50:50 +0000, PhantMa wrote:

lsumpter writes:
Any suggestions on where I might look for an old, cheap, 5-10hp diesel
suitable for an inboard engine?

ag384 wrote:
why diesel?

And why inboard???
One of the advantages of having a flat bottom is shallow draft. But an

inboard
defeats the advantage. How's about a nice little four cycle outboard?

Rick

I design and build my own boats because I want them to turn out the way I

WANT,
not the way "most people" want. True, for performance, reliability,

weight, etc.
an outboard would be better. In fact, I have one. Goes real nice, sounds

like:
"WAAAAAAAAAA!!!" But THIS boat I want to go "pooketa-pooketa-pooketa" as I

sit
behind the wood wheel and watch the scenery go by. I happen to like the

smell of
diesel over the smell of 2-stroke oil. I chose flat-bottom because it's

easy and
cheap, not for shallow draft. I still might put some Vee in it, I donno...

http://www.oldengineshed.com/waves/listersl.wav

Understand the concept?

Lloyd Sumpter