[email protected] justwaitafrekinminute@gmail.com is offline
Senior Member

Default Even the geek who has everything...

On Aug 19, 8:48*am, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Earl of Warwich, Duke of Cornwall, Marquies of Anglesea, Sir Reginald P.
Smithers III Esq. LLC, STP. " wrote in messagenews:S72dnXHEG803IDfVnZ2dnUVZ_qXinZ2d@comca st.com...

Eisboch wrote:
"hk" wrote in message
...is unlikely to have this toy:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/input/9836/

Only $1589.

This geek much prefers this ....

(new release of classic, 1965 twin .... 100% vacuum tube powered)

http://www.eisboch.com/65twin.jpg

Eisboch

I wondered why this was not done earlier.

Do the "experts" say this sounds the same as the 1965 version?

I don't know. *Sounds the same to me, but I am no expert.
It has not been redesigned. *Just re-released as a product. *Same cabinet
design, same Jensen "special" speakers, same tube pre-amps, reverb drivers
and 6L6 output stage.

I have another, solid state Fender "Stage 1000" that has digital signal
processing, etc. * Sounds ok, but not like the tube twin.
There isn't a chip, processor or digital circuit in it.

Eisboch- Hide quoted text -

Some of the new tube releases are pretty nice sounding..