Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Boat winches KNOL

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 22:56:25 GMT, (Richard
Casady) wrote:

There used to be something called a Fol-boat, that folded up into a
package the size of a large suitcase. One guy crossed the Atlantic,
from England to Panama in one. A buck eighty six to go through the
Canal. They used to charge strictly by the ton, no minimum.

I remember the Fol-boats. Advertised in all the "outdoor" mags.
The Alaskan Camper is another unusual/different approach to
something that interested me.
It was a pickup bed camper that had hydraulics to jack it up when
parked, giving more headroom. I resisted buying both.

--Vic