Bouler Bouler is offline

Default NL - Den Helder [botterrace, waiting for the tall-ships to arrive....] - File 01 of 10 - botterrace1-10.jpg (0/1)

"Jeronimus" schreef in bericht
3.133...

Thanks for the nice botters Jeroen, I had an uncle who was fishing
with a botter on the Zuiderzee before the afsluitdijk made that
impossible.

Thanx Bouler!! The anual botterrace in Den Helder seems to be quite
succesfull. I hope they will be able to organise the race in the future
aswell. As the start and finish, and some of the race, take place close to
the shore, the sea-dike offerse an excellent spectators platform!! (and
photgraphers platform).

That would be real nice for you.

I do wonder what the Zuiderzee would have been, if the Afsluitdijk hadn't
been built.. Most amazing are the harbours which used to be on the
seashore, but are now land-locked (Schokland, and closes to my home
Kolhorn, etc.) due to the polders that have been built...

You only can dream about that, the Afsluitdijk was build to protect the land
from the sea and all the old fisherplaces are living monuments now.
BTW if there was no afsluitdijk, "Schokland" had diappeared under the water
I'm sure.

Anyway, hope you'll be able to visit Den Helder this week.

I can forget that Jeroen, healtproblems won't let me.
So please make pictures for me;-)
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)