[email protected] ohara5.0@mindspring.com is offline

Default proper prop pitch

I still do not know if my prop is pitched right and do not even know
my real mpg for my Tolman. Whenever I look at my fuel meter and
divide the speed by it I get roughly 4-4.5 mpg. HOWEVER, I have only
had the boat to WOT twice because conditions never allow it. When I
was at WOT, I forgot to look at the tach. This means I cannot
determine if I am pitched right for WOT. BUT, does WOT mean anything
if conditions do not allow me to use it?
I cannot complain about fuel usage because i have never used more than
7 gallons/day, even when we spent the afternoon with 6 people aboard
towing the tube (90 hp 2 cycle Yamaha). My recent scalloping trips
used only 6 gallons each. With so little fuel usage, is there any
reason to worry about proper pitch?