RMR RMR is offline

Default Watching boats in chop

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 13:45:03 -0400, hk wrote:

one.
I suspect the Tolman is stronger than most Fiberglas boats and I have
never heard of this happening so his answer is useless. Any other
answers on how much pounding is too much?

My answer is correct: it depends upon the strength of the boat and the
fortitude of its occupants. Beyond that, it is a meaningless question.

BTW, if your Tolman is a homebuilt wood boat, it unlikely is "stronger"
than most properly built fiberglass boats of the same size. I could tell
you why, and in some detail, but...what's the point, eh?

Bull.. A properly engineered boat, built by a competent home builder
is evey bit as much of a tool as your mass produced hourly wage built
FG.. Especially a Toleman. But I won't argue with you about it, you
are the king...