Paul Oman

Default WHERE TO FIND EPOXY

Matt Langenfeld wrote:

Where do you get Dow 330?

System Three, West, Raka, all brands come from major chemical producers.
I wonder how hard it is to get the epoxy direct and how much cheaper
would it be. I have Epoxy kits on my site but I'm not the distributor.

---
Paul Oman - being up front - we sell epoxies at www.epoxyproducts.com

OK - yes there are just a few chemical producers that sell the basic resins. But
folks like
WEST, System Three, MAAS, Progressive Epoxy (that's us), don't just repackage the
raw epoxies from the chemical giants (we are not re-packagers). We are formulators
that
take the basic epoxies and 'fix' them to get the properties we want. There are
folks just pour the raw
materials out of drums and sell them direct at low prices, and yes, they these
epoxies can work. I think if you
dared call the WEST folks "repackagers" you would probably hear from their lawyers
within a few days!

Years ago, while living in Houston (in my pre epoxy days) I had a friend that
worked at the shell refinery
nearby. They were one of the giants making epoxy resin. I recall he tried using
some of it from work on a deck with
very unfortunate results.

cheers - paul