John H.[_5_] John H.[_5_] is offline

Default Anyone watching...

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 12:06:20 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 07:30:26 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

wrote in message
net...
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 23:13:45 -0400, Eisboch wrote:

Here we go again with history repeating itself. This is shades of
Jimmy Carter all over again. If the USA ever became close to being a
paper tiger, it was during his administration. Reagan came along,
reversed all Carter's cutbacks and set in motion the events that
ultimately led to the USSR's collapse.

Those were Ford's cuts, and to be fair, we were coming out of a war. One
should expect the defense budget to be cut. Carter increased, as % GDP,
the defense budget. Reagan, of course, increased it significantly more.

http://colorado.mediamatters.org/sta...em/incidental/
fiscalchart.htm

Seems to me that I recall plans to reduce the Navy by almost half by Carter
which led to serious concerns about our ability to control the seas by
members of Congress on both sides
.
Reagan re-instituted a 600 ship (minimum) Navy.

Not Google info .... this is from memory.

Honest - I have not read Harry's reply yet.

I guarentee you he will say something along the lines of waste of
money, social issues and can't we all get along.

Filter him. You won't have the problem.
--
** Good Day! **

John H