HK HK is offline

Default Anyone watching...

Vic Smith wrote:
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:54:05 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 15:42:14 -0400, hk wrote:

Thanks to Bush, we don't have any diplomatic clout left, either, nor can
we claim we're on the high moral road.

Therefore, there isn't much we can do to "persuade" the Russkis to leave
Georgia and not to invade any of its other former satellites.

The Europeans are not going to take the Russkies on militarily, either,
but, unlike us, they are not in the diplomatic and moral cellar, and
they can do a lot more to force reasonable behavior than we can.

The Russians don't give a damn what we think about what they are doing.
They know we are not in a position to do dick about it.

My point is, this isn't about Georgia, it's about Russia. They are
letting the world know they are back, and *we* had better pay attention.

For Putin it's a "national security" issue.
The internal "Russian" domestic issues were exacerbated by Bush's
lame-ass missile defense plans in that part of the world.
Putin doesn't want American missiles right on his border, and I don't
blame him. I don't want Russian missiles in Mexico or Canada.
American missiles in the Czech Republic today, Georgia tomorrow.
Bush refused to listen to Putin's protests about those missiles, and
now is getting spanked.
Simple diplomacy and strategic vision could have avoided this BS.
BTW, I heard Putin talking the other day about the "Georgian
Terroists" and making equivalencies with our invasion of Iraq.
Whether you buy that or not, it was George Bush who gave Putin that
card to play.

--Vic

McCain, speaking in Michigan a few minutes ago, said in the 21st
Century, nations do not invade other nations. Has he already forgotten
the U.S. invasion of Iraq?

--
Join the growing number of Republicans putting country ahead of party by
voting for Barack Obama!